If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer foster carer for the Freedom Project, please fill out the enquiry form below and we’ll send you more information and an application pack.
We’re looking for volunteer foster carers who:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have previous experience of caring for a dog
- Are at home for most of the day
- Do not have children under the age of 10 years living at the home
- Can commit to being a volunteer foster carer for at least 6 months
- Live in Greater London & the Home Counties, East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk), Yorkshire, the North East, the North West and Scotland
Please note: due to the current situation in relation to coronavirus, we are currently unable to accept volunteer applications from those who have their own cat or other small pet (with the exception of those who have their own dog); and those who do not have access to their own garden.
We are also no longer recruiting volunteers who fall within the ‘clinically vulnerable’ or ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ group, including those who are 70 and over. This is to help reduce social contact with these people and ensure we can keep them protected. Please see our FAQs for more information on this.
Due to extremely high interest, unfortunately we are currently unable to respond to applications that do not meet this criteria. We have also received a high number of volunteer applications from those looking to foster small dogs. We are particuarly looking for volunteers who are happy to take staffies, large breeds, and dogs that need a bit of extra support with training, behaviour and veterinary needs. Thank you for your understanding.