If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer foster carer for the Freedom Project, please fill out the enquiry form below and we’ll send you more information and an application pack.
We’re looking for volunteer foster carers who:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have previous experience of caring for a dog
- Are at home for most of the day
- Do not have children under the age of 10 years living at the home
- Can commit to being a volunteer foster carer for at least 6 months
- Live in Greater London & the Home Counties, East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk), Yorkshire, the North East, the North West and Scotland
We currently have the following additional measures in place:
- We are unable to accept volunteer applications from those who have their own cat or other small pet (with the exception of those who have their own dog).
- Whilst a private garden of your own is preferred, those without a garden or with a communal garden can be considered.
- We are not currently recruiting volunteers who fall within the ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ category. This is to help reduce social contact with these people and ensure we can keep them protected. Please see our FAQs for more information on this.
- We are only looking to recruit volunteers who can be flexible and available to care for dogs at short notice and who would consider fostering a wide range of dog breeds, ages and sizes.
- We are particularly keen to hear from people who would be willing to foster Bull breeds and other large breeds (such as German shepherds, lurchers or rottweilers), or even pairs of dogs from the same home to keep them together and to help them to settle.
Due to extremely high interest, unfortunately we are currently unable to respond to applications that do not meet all of the above criteria and we ask that you kindly consider this when making an application to become a volunteer foster carer. Thank you for your understanding.