If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer foster carer for the Freedom Project, please fill out the enquiry form below and we’ll send you more information and an application pack.
We’re looking for volunteer foster carers who:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have previous experience of caring for a dog
- Are at home for most of the day
- Do not have children under the age of 10 years living at the home
- Can commit to being a volunteer foster carer for at least 6 months
- Live in Greater London & the Home Counties, East Anglia, Yorkshire, the North East, the North West and Scotland
We currently have the following additional measures in place:
- We are unable to accept volunteer applications from those who have their own cat or other small pet (rabbits, guinea pigs etc.).
- Whilst a private garden of your own is preferred, those without a garden or with a communal garden can be considered.
- Our vital services are still operating through the COVID-19 pandemic but with some additional measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and dogs.
- We are closely following government guidance for volunteering (available here) and we have additional safety measures in place for any volunteers who are at higher risk from COVID-19 as defined by the NHS (information available here).
- We ask that you please advise us on your application form if you do fall into this category and we can talk to you about the additional safety measures we are keeping in place.
- We are only looking to recruit volunteers who can be flexible and available to care for dogs at short notice and who would consider fostering a wide range of dog breeds, ages and sizes.
- We are particularly keen to hear from people who would be willing to foster Bull breeds and other large breeds (such as German shepherds, lurchers or rottweilers), or even pairs of dogs from the same home to keep them together and to help them to settle.